Looking for a nanny can be stressful for a family. How do you find the right one? How do you even begin to look for one? Enchanted Nanny Agency is here to help you in this process. If you’re thinking about a nanny or seem overwhelmed with how to start the process, we’ve got you covered! Here are some tips for finding the right Nanny with Enchanted Nanny Agency.
1) When is the right time to look for a nanny?
It usually takes between 3 to 6 weeks to find the ideal nanny. However, because we have a lot of enchanted candidates in our database, it can take as few as 3 days to hire that perfect fit. Contact Enchanted Nanny Agency today and we will guide you in this journey.
2) What are the qualities a parent should look for in a nanny?
Sometimes it’s hard to know what to look for when you’re hiring a nanny. There are so many things that are important, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with the process. Here are some characteristics that quality caregivers share:
– Love of children. Of course the top characteristic of a nanny is her genuine love of kids. Enjoying children and feeling honored to be a caregiver to them is the foundation that everything else is built on.
– Enthusiastic. Nannies work long days and often have a lot of responsibilities. A nanny that can stay excited about coming to work day after day is one who your child will enjoy spending time with.
– Fun. Childhood is all about fun. Look for a nanny that truly enjoys what she does and will plan fun, well rounded days for your child.
– Nurturing. The idea of nurturing a child is at the heart of a nanny’s role. Being able to connect on a deep level, build a safe, loving relationship and offer a stable environment are all important elements of nurturing your child.
– Common sense. Your nanny will make endless decisions about your child’s health, safety and well-being throughout the day. You want a nanny who can accurately assess an emergency situation and decide the safest course of action.
– Punctual. You rely on your nanny to arrive on time in the morning. Getting out the door when you’re supposed to helps you make the early morning commitments that are critical to your job.
3) What is the range of pay for a full-time nanny?
Our nannies typically, universally, start at $20/hr and up, but yes, varies by city, the nanny’s experience & credential and cost of living. This depends on the number of children, duties required, their background and salary history and so on. We encourage all of our clients to pay legally, on the books (via payroll) + overtime (anything over 38 hrs/wk for live-out care, over 45 hrs/wk for live-in); incentives often include but are not limited to: four-weeks paid vacation, 9 sick/personal days, gas/mileage compensation if they are using their vehicle on the job and more.
4) How does The Nanny League assist parents in the process of finding the right nanny for their family?
This is truly a matchmaking process! Every family, and every nanny, is unique! We ask that our clients fill out our Family Application and we follow up with a phone call (or vice versa). Based on your family’s specific needs, we will send you resumes for candidates who only meet those criteria. We do not like to waste anyone’s time, so we give careful consideration to every single candidate we select. All of our nannies go through a screening process that includes the following: interview, reference & background check, First-Aid & CPR Certification and Blue Card Check.
5) Why should parents use Enchanted Nanny Agency to find a nanny?
At Enchanted Nanny Agency we have 12 years of childcare experience. We only employ qualified, experienced nannies so you know your children are in expert hands.
We can relate to the nannies and the au pairs as we know what it is like to work in the childcare industry and we also feel really close to the families as we understand their needs and what they are looking for in a nanny.
Contact Enchanted Nanny Agency Today!